Tattoo Before & Aftercare - Barrie Tattoo Shop
Important info for your visit to CaMel Trails!!
Parking ON RIGHT side of the driveway BEHIND MY BLACK CAR!
Before your Tattoo
There are a few things I need you to know!!
* I have cats, they are not allowed in the studio but they are in the house so if you have allergies please take some medication before you get here!
*If you have perfume or peanut allergies please let me know!
*if It's winter or raining!!!
My studio is located within my home so
I will be asking you to change from your outdoor shoes.
I have some crocs here but if you wish, bring your slippers.
Shoes are a MUST in the studio for safety reasons as per the HEALTH BOARD!
* I am a CASH\Email Transfer ONLY girl.
* Please drink lots of water for the few days before you come. It helps with the tattoo and healing.
IF THE AREA YOU ARE HAVING TATTOOED IS SUPER HAIRY PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT AND SHAVE IT FOR ME PLEASE!
*I have written a "What Happens" article that explains what our visit will entail.
Minus the laughter and entertainment!
* Please eat before you come, I REALLY mean it.
I don't supply food here and you MUST have something in your belly as it helps with the "shock" your body goes into when getting inked/pierced
*Lotion the skin to be tattooed every day, or twice daily. Again, the healthier your skin, the better the results.
* Please do not schedule something immediately after your tattoo. Although the actual time I spend tattooing ON you may be short the setting up and preparation of your stencil/machines can take some time. I have learned from experience we should never rush art. Your tattoo IS art and I get nervous when on time constraints.
*Please do not bring the entire family or a bunch of friends unless they are also getting tattooed. Trust me, they get bored. One person is okay. If you need to bring more please ask beforehand. My studio is SUPER small and I do not use the rest of my home for business.
*For safety reasons, please do not bring toddlers or babies. tHEY ARE DISTRACTING AND THE AREA IS NOT SUITED TO HAVE THEM CRAWLING AROUND.
*Get a good night sleep the night before. Please don’t party too hard. Getting tattooed hung-over is not fun for you or me.
*I also offer numbing spray that can be used after the outline has been done. You are welcome to numb with a topical cream called Emla which you can get from the drugstore should you wish. It is to be put onto the area 45 mins before your appointment and covered with saran wrap.
*Using the numbing I supply will not affect the color and will allow for a more relaxed experience. It contains lidocaine and epinephrine. If you are allergic to either please let me know.
*You can USE YOUR phone to hook into MY speakers if you wish to listen to your music. Or bring your earphones I don't mind if you tune me out while I color on you! (Heavy metal not welcome sorry!!)
*I have water AND A FRIDGE in the studio and the store is down the street so I suggest you bring anything you may want to drink or munch on.
* For your TATTOO healing you will need a tube/bottle of WEBBERS vitamin E OINTMENT (found by the band aids), saran wrap, medical tape and a non scented moisturizer (Lubriderm)OR COCONUT OIL(Seen Below) these things are good to have purchased before you come so you are prepared for your healing process once you go home.
* For your PIERCING healing you will need a bottle of Bactine (seen below) you can find it by the Band-Aids in most drug stores or The Walmart!
*I suggest you read AFTERCARE INFO before you come so you have an idea of what you will be doing to take care of your new addition.
TATTOO Aftercare Instructions
PIERCING Aftercare Instructions
Please let me know if you have any further questions..
I am really looking forward to helping you with your new addition.
See you when you arrive.
Your Body is your canvas. express yourself!!
Please consider that everyone heals differently and each tattoo should be given the appropriate attention to aftercare, every time. It should not be assumed that all heals will be the same even if you have previously been tattooed!
I use a medical wrap called Tegaderm. It is waterproof and intended to stay on skin for a week. I gave you some to use as a patch or total replacement should you need.
If you want to remove the goo that gathers just poke a hole and squeeze it out then patch the hole with a piece of the bandaid I gave you.
To use the bandaid.
Cut a small piece, remember the white side is the back! Pull that off and stick to your tattoo. Then pull the top pieces off from the middle green strips.
After 3- 5 days it is time to unwrap your tattoo.
Please use the Vitamin E ointment for the first two days then start using a Non-scented lotion (Lubriderm) or coconut oil. Keeping it moist helps with the itch!!
1. Your tattoo should take approx. three weeks to heal, avoid scratching and picking at the scabs. Slap them!! It helps!!
2. Keep the tattoo out of the sun and do not submerge in water (tub, pool) until tattoo is completely healed.
3. If the edges of your tattoo are red where your plastic has been and is irritating you then use some zinc diaper cream to cover the rash but NOT the tattoo. . This will soothe it and help the rash heal.
4. If your tattoo itself is still sore, red and hot to the touch after a few days then there is a possibility you may have gotten an infection. Please go and see your doctor and ask him for an antibiotic. This is IMPORTANT to take care of otherwise you could get cellulitis which if not treated can KILL you!
SO AGAIN... IF THE TATTOO IS HOT TO THE TOUCH, REALLY TENDER AND RED/INFLAMED GO SEE A DOCTOR!
ALWAYS WASH YOUR HANDS BEFORE TOUCHING YOUR TATTOO
IF THE TATTOO LOOKS/FEELS INFECTED SEEK MEDICAL ADVICE.
What is normal?
- The tattoo will be gross and slimy for the first few days as your sweat, blood and the excess ink seeps out. Your body uses this moisture to heal but if it is too much then poke a hole and squish it out and then patch the hole..
- The tattoo will be sore like a sunburn for a few days.
- When you remove the wrap your tattoo will be sensitive with a thin scab and
should be peeling like a sunburn.
- If you develop a rash under the wrap then remove the plastic and continue with #3.
- If you have concerns and it is not looking right then please seek MEDICAL attention in case of infection. This happens from dirt, pet hair etc getting into the wounded area.. YES a tattoo is a WOUND!